Request update to Media field in Blog

EzGenerator V4 forum

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
buz
Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:46 am

x

Request update to Media field in Blog

The media field in the BLOG and Photo Blog is typically used for images and audio video links.

A number of times I have wanted to use this field in the blog admin screen to provide a convenient way of uploading a pdf or doc brochure - which would then form a standard component of the blog display page. This is not currently possible (the PhotoBlog will accept doc files but when I last checked, not pdf's) The standard Blog Media field cannot be used with pdf file or doc files.

Would you consider including another standard file upload field in the BLOG admin screen to work as a general image/pdf/doc link - If used to hold a PDF or Doc, the field would display a thumbnail of the doc or PDF and use this the link image, When clicked, it would download/display the doc or pdf.

Maybe enhance the Free Field to be capable of being used this way - as a multi-purpose field.

I know we can use the catalogue lister page type, and create new field types for this - But I cannot do this with the standard BLOG pages - And, moving blog content to another EZG page type is not an option. Also, I know I can use the HTML field, with the online editor for file links - But, when I am structuring the format for the BLOG page, I cannot prescribe the exact location of the download links in the page design.

miro (staff)
Site Admin
Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:35 am

x

Re: Request update to Media field in Blog

hi in latest version you can use blog media fi...

buz
Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:48 am

x

Re: Request update to Media field in Blog

That is really good news - I am so impressed wi...

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”