EzGenerator V4 forum

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
buz
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:19 am

x

One more request re: Edit fields

Miro, Atanas,

I have asked before but did not get a reply - It concerns the editable page edit fields - Miro updated the field name dialog recently and this is working well.

I am now using edit fields extensively - and the system is working very well. The only limitation with online editable pages with user dependent content is that, I would really appreciate it if I had the option of placing edit fields on the page that were not visible except for administrator - Normal editable fields display the visible edit button, which is fine. However, there are many situations which require information to be maintained (online) by administrator that would be better presented without the visible edit buttons for users to see - Currently, if user has edit access to editable page, he will see all edit field buttons. What I wonder is, is it possible for there to be two types of editable field buttons (visible to all with rights to edit page, and the other type, visible only by admin). As it is now, if a user has editable rights over a page, he has rights to edit every field on page (there is no way to restrict editing to only some fields). Tell me if this is not feasible, but if possible, I think it enhances the editable page functions. I am not even suggesting it be a real limitation, simply that, if user has edit rights to page, he will see only the visible edit buttons. The other fields, whilst on the page, use an edit button type that is only visible to administrator. The only alternative to this issue is to have content that cannot be interfered with by user entered via EZG offline editor. But that creates online maintenance restrictions.

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 am

x

Re: One more request re: Edit fields

Hi, As admin, you can edit these areas via EZG...

buz
Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:12 am

x

Yes, you understand - I am working towards sett...

miro (staff)
Site Admin
Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:43 pm

x

hi 'edit by admin only' option for editable ar...

buz
Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:10 pm

x

Miro, I have just tried it - Thank you. It work...

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”