57 Presets to experiment !!

The place to upload Harmless presets and discuss programming it.

Return to “Harmless - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BassTa
Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:10 pm

x

57 Presets to experiment !!

I finally decided to start learning how to really use the synths I have, and so I made some presets for harmless (it's a verry good synth to start with). The problem...I didn't have a particular genre in mind..I just saved the preset when it seemed ready to my ear.

A few tips:

- EQ from within harmless first (no need to use 2 tools to get the same sound when you mix, and if you want to accent a frequency in the sound you'll get better results if you raise the eq slider inside harmless first)
- There are patches that have the FX muted...like reverb enabled but the volume to minimum...raise it's volume to see if you like it better.
_Some_ patches need to be messed with the "kb" knob (next to the filter)...They sounded nice within the octave I was testing them but they don't sound as good in higher/lower octaves, so I left them like I was testing them. I did them for me, so I didn't really care about the entire keyboard (and most bass sounds were designed to sound good only in the lower octaves).
- There are some presets that don't fit the directory I choose for them (You'll probably find bass sounds within the pads directory...I'll need to work on that at some point)
- A few presets are named "Play with AMT" or the like...that means turn the "AMT" knob to get different results.
I'd really like to hear some criticism about them, if and why you can't use them in your tracks, things I'll have to keep in mind when creating new patches...etc.

P.S. Most presets are bass sounds, the pads are not that great, the leads are painfull to make (I'm still working on that),the keys sound like variations of organs, and all the presets are based on the waveforms that were shipped with the original presets that come with harmless (I'll release more presets using only custom waveforms at a later date). Again...I was after bass sounds mostly, but if they sounded like something else and I liked them I saved them.
Enough talk...here they are...enjoy and let me hear if you used any of them in any track.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BassTa
Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:03 pm

x

Re: 57 Presets to experiment !!

You're most welcomed If possible....could you...

Lachra
Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:54 pm

x

BassTa wrote:You're most welcomed If possible...

ZacoOne
Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:28 am

x

Really appreciate the tips. Thank you for the u...

Return to “Harmless - Presets & Programming”