How do you to create stringed/brass instruments w/ Harmless

The place to upload Harmless presets and discuss programming it.

Return to “Harmless - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
alphard_m_media
Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:34 am

x

How do you to create stringed/brass instruments w/ Harmless

Hello, Image-Line.

I am a proud owner of Harmless and I have been using it for nearly 3 years. I have created a handful of presets. Some of them are in the category of Pads, Keys, Synths, Basses and Leads. There is one type of sound that I have not been able to successfully emulate in a preset using Harmless and that is a Horn or Brass and Stringed instrument sound.

I was told that one of the parameters most used to create a brass instrument sound is the saw/sawtooth-shaped waveform. I have tried it, but my results are unsatisfactory. I am trying to create more presets that sound more closely to brass instruments such as French Horn, Bugle, Trombone, Trumpet and Bassoon and stringed instruments such as Violin, Viola and Contrabass, but I would like to know what other parameters need to be used in order to create sounds like those.

I will most likely ask this same question in forums such as Poizone, Sawer and Toxic Biohazard as I also use these synths and each of these uses somewhat different parameters to create Brass and Stringed instrument sounds, depending if they are additive or subtractive type synths.

Any feedback on how to address this issue will be appreciated. Thanks.

Return to “Harmless - Presets & Programming”