Hardcore and Mono Issues

find/exchange/discuss 3OSC & TS404presets & tips here

Return to “3OSC & TS404 - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
chriso777
Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:18 am

x

Hardcore and Mono Issues

So I started using Hardcore as an afterthought today, and I really liked it! But there is one, simple, huge problem. This problem is the fact that Hardcore converts any signal that goes through it into mono. So here is my issue: I have a rhythm guitar part. I record it twice, pan them left and right, and link both sound clips to a mixer track with Hardcore. Of course now the issue is that they both go through Hardcore, and come out mono. Now I have 2 solutions I've found so far that don't really work:
1. Record it once, don't even double track it, and "stereoize" it later with stereo shaper. Yeah no...doesn't sound ANYTHING like actually recording twice. Plus...the phasing...is gross.
2. Double track it and put both guitar signals into two separate mixer tracks, each with Hardcore, then pan them after. But now I have two Hardcores running on separate tracks. This doesn't work because I want THE SAME Hardcore parameters going through BOTH guitar tracks. With this solution, I have to manually match both Hardcores to each other as I make adjustments. This is a HUGE pain.
Thoughts? Will they fix this? Can I link knobs in FL, so if I turn one knob up 5% in one instance of Hardcore, it will simultaneously turn up the same knob exactly 5% in another Hardcore? I haven't heard of this, but I feel like it would be pretty easy to program. Please help! I love Hardcore and I hate it when companies have simple design flaws like these in their products. Imageline...don't be one of "those companies".

omac12
Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:21 am

x

Re: Hardcore and Mono Issues

Just an attempt at a helpful .02 Why not make ...

chriso777
Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:32 pm

x

Re: Hardcore and Mono Issues

Yes! That's also another option. But, knowing m...

Return to “3OSC & TS404 - Presets & Programming”