Brush Taps, Swirls, and Slaps created with Drumaxx

The place to upload Drumaxx presets and discuss programming it.

Return to “Drumaxx & Drumpad - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
alphard_m_media
Sun May 08, 2011 6:45 pm

x

Brush Taps, Swirls, and Slaps created with Drumaxx

Has anyone currently using Drumaxx found out how to created certain sounds like brush slaps, swirls and taps yet? Before you answer this, perhaps I need to explain what I'm referring to.

There are certain types of drum sounds that are made by using the opposite end of a drumstick if it has a brush attached to the end of it. When the brush end strikes or is lightly/heavily stroked across the snare drum, this is what is normally referred to as a slap/tap or swirl respectively. Sometimes they are used in place of closed high hat or help enhance it.

One drummer, in particular, the late Gene Krupa, used brush swirls and taps in his career during the 1940's when big bands were all the rage and he was credited for inventing the rimshot. Also, before Yamaha discontinued its famous XG SoftSynth a few years ago, its drum kits contained brush sounds.

As far as I know, the closest equivalent to these brush sounds that can be found in Drumaxx are the rimshots in certain drum kits, but has anyone considered creating presets of slaps, taps and swirls? They would be a great addition to the Drumaxx library.

Would do you think?

Return to “Drumaxx & Drumpad - Presets & Programming”