The Morphine Tips n Tricks thread

Discuss and exchange Morphine presets

Return to “Morphine - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
XponentOne
Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:51 pm

x

The Morphine Tips n Tricks thread

I saw Swissroll posted asking for programming tips in Yurouns thread below and figured we need a tips n tricks thread - so here it is :D

I'm still new to morphine but am starting to find my feet, here are a few things I've picked up so far - please everyone chip in, I want to hear what other people are doing with this beast!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Attack Transients - If you are resynthing in lower quality rates, you can drastically improve the perceived quality by fixing the attack transients. You can use the noise generator, but sometimes you need this for something else in the patch - here's a trick I found if so. Up the rate of the spectrum to 25% to give you better time resolution, then space out your breakpoints so they keep their relative distances. Click in a couple of new breakpoints at the very start and either play with their spectra or chop out and load a couple of single cycle waves from the original sample's transient. Its amazing how much better it will sound, the brain reads a lot of info about a sound from the first few ms...

Drag n drop from edison - thanks for pointing that out to me pheeleep, you're a life saver (well, a time saver at least :D )

Directwave - multisample external vst's quick n easy for resynthing.

Resynthing can remove unwanted articulations from a sample - is difficult, but can work relatively well (use the delete before/during/after loop in the spectrum dropdown, then rebuild the missing part of the sound with new breakpoints).

Any sample can be resynthesised - if it doesn't go as expected, crank the reverb, slow the rate and start morphing it about - badabing, instant scary, metallic, dissonant soundscape.

Tremolo, leslie and vibrato - all possible and pretty easy with the mod section and the morph controls.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else got any tips they want to share?

TazounsBones
Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:53 pm

x

Hi Martyn As i was trying out the demo, i noti...

XponentOne
Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:37 pm

x

Yeah totally, would be great to have a reposito...

swissroll
Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:44 am

x

Hi guys. Cheers for starting this thread fatma...

XponentOne
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:32 am

x

Yeah - it would be great to have a 'scale break...

swissroll
Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:30 pm

x

I think I understand where you're coming from. ...

FrankG
Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:41 pm

x

For a less involved method of adding attack tra...

XponentOne
Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:58 pm

x

Totally - my point though was when you need to ...

FrankG
Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:32 pm

x

fatmartyn wrote:Totally - my point though was w...

XponentOne
Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:18 pm

x

cool thanks, nice to know I've not been barking...

Return to “Morphine - Presets & Programming”