collaborative track project - please join

For .flp/.zip project exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators

Return to “flp Exchange”

Forum rules
This forum is for .flp exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators.

It's also encouraged to include an mp3 format render so people can browse your work.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BoudicaLost
Thu May 25, 2017 5:41 pm

x

collaborative track project - please join

I'd like to produce a track with as many people as possible as an experiment. I've laid down a repeating sound in the included .flp file. Anyone interested should take the file and modify it to their liking according to the rules below. Anyone working on this project consents to me posting it on Soundcloud under a label to be voted on by the people who worked on the track. All contributors will get credit, I will use your Image-Line handle to give you credit unless you indicate otherwise.

Rules:
-Anyone interested in this project should wait until the track is open game then post that they will modify it. Write something like "will modify" in a post specifically aimed at letting people know you are the next modifier.

-Modifications must be returned within two hours as a .flp with a .mp3 as a sample.

-Don't post that you will be the next to modify the track if you can't take the time to immediately modify it.

-Don't post that you will modify the track if it has been less then two hours since someone else has posted that they will modify it.

-If it has been more than two hours since someone has stated they will modify the track then the track is open game for the next modifier.

-Don't post your modifications if it has taken you more than two hours for you to return your modifications to the thread and someone else has posted they will work on it, just wait until the track is open game again.

-You can modify any of the previous sounds without essentially eliminating them from the piece.

-You may add only one sound per post and modify only one channel per post.

-You may use only native Image-Line samples and generators.

-You may not modify two times in a row.

-The finished piece should be not longer than 200 bars, no shorter than 100 bars, and the original 130 tempo should be maintained.

-Please don't use prepackaged music like the "arps" and "sequences" in Sytrus.

-Try so stay organized. Channel 1 should be on track 1 and use insert 1 on the mixer. Anyone who modifies the track may organize anything at anytime.

-Please don't turn this into a war or a canvas for a bloated ego. Also, people are bound to dislike something you lay down, don't take it seriously. Just have fun with it. I'm extremely interested to see how this turns out.

I haven't covered everything so feel free to post ways the project could be improved as well as criticisms of my terms and rules. Are you confused? Post your confusion.

Enjoy
collaborative.mp3
collaborative.flp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BoudicaLost on Fri May 26, 2017 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crumbs Johnson
Fri May 26, 2017 12:13 am

x

Re: collaborative track project - please join

I didn't do too much, just blocked out a basic ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BoudicaLost
Fri May 26, 2017 12:47 am

x

I added a convolver to the saw pluck and put a ...

clint
Sun May 28, 2017 7:11 pm

x

Here is my go.. Take it or leave it.. Either wa...

clint
Mon May 29, 2017 1:10 am

x

Does this work?

callel
Mon May 29, 2017 12:37 pm

x

I add a filter on the saw synth. collaborative...

Crumbs Johnson
Tue May 30, 2017 3:57 pm

x

Wow, everyone did a lot, and it's starting to s...

callel
Wed May 31, 2017 7:44 am

x

Ok, so you did good job I think it's better to...
Last edited by callel on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoudicaLost
Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:00 pm

x

Alright people here is my latest go. I added s...

Crumbs Johnson
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:27 pm

x

If you don't have any already, I found some pho...

Crumbs Johnson
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:17 am

x

Alright, I just did a quick little clean-up, an...

Crumbs Johnson
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:43 pm

x

Phew, finally got it uploaded! Thanks for doing...

jarenoma
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:20 pm

x

I'm thinking I might join in, but I can't seem ...

jarenoma
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:49 pm

x

Got everything working - I'm going to join in n...

jarenoma
Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:27 pm

x

I finished with some soft noise added. I also ...

jarenoma
Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:42 am

x

Actually, I do have another idea; a melodic squ...

jarenoma
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:46 am

x

Alright, here's my second take on this track. ...

Crumbs Johnson
Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:55 pm

x

When I heard that, I thought Awesome #2.jpg The...

jarenoma
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:31 pm

x

I like the track, but could you change jarenoma...

Crumbs Johnson
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:22 pm

x

Yay, it's up! I went over to soundcloud to mak...

jarenoma
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:57 pm

x

Hey Boudica, would you be able to provide the f...

Return to “flp Exchange”