SideChain Automation Rig - Multiband SideChaining possible

For .flp/.zip project exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators

Return to “flp Exchange”

Forum rules
This forum is for .flp exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators.

It's also encouraged to include an mp3 format render so people can browse your work.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
RawGreen
Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:25 am

x

SideChain Automation Rig - Multiband SideChaining possible

Let me start with an image and an explanation to quickly show you what this all is and why I'm so excited about this invention of mine.
(Yes, I'm using FL11(I haven't migrated all my files into FL12 yet))
First thing's first, the Insert you're viewing in this image is not linked to the Master Insert, nor are any Channels linked to it.
A Fruity WaveShaper is used to produce a loud almost non-existent sound, that sound is being SideChained through the Fruity Limiter, the data put out by the SideChain then goes into the Fruity Peak Controller.
You can then take and link parameters to the Peak Controller's Peak to automate ANYTHING YOU WANT as seen in the limiter.
You can have specific control over the SideChain using and even Automating the Fruity Limiter, and even more control if you're familiar with using the Formula Controller.

One of the many great things about this is it opens possibilities for Multiband SideChaining, a high demanding topic I've often seen in Forums left unanswered.
I've found I like the control I can get using Fruity EQ2 more. than anything else. But none-the Less it's still neat.

Here is a really simple example - this is just linking a reverb's wet value to the Peak Controller.
Automated SideChaining.flp
Automated SideChaining.mp3
In this example, almost everything in some shape or form is linked to the Peak Controller.
It's not distinctive what's all linked to the SideChain from the kick, but in the end that's not the goal of this tool anyways.
SideChain Automation Example.flp
SideChain Automation Example.mp3

Here's some codes to help you out with the Formula Controller if you're trying to get specific values with multiple parameters linked to the same Side-Chain.
Alternatively you could use multiple Peak Controllers with mute unchecked on each one and values slightly altered for each one. Though the Value changes through all of them will be additive.

In ANY case, I have these here just in case you NEED the extra control, especially if you plan to have multiple parameters linked to the same Peak Controller.

If you need a specific minimum and maximum value, use:

Code: Select all

x%-Input*(x%-y%)
x% being whatever the minimum value is, and y% being whatever you want the maximum value to be.
If your x% is higher in number than your y%, the ramp will invert in direction
You can also use negative percentages, which are handy for making the maximum or minimum value max or bottom out early.
Make sure to press Enter to compile your code, if there are any errors it will let you know.

You can also use:

1-Input
to straight up invert the ramp, there should be a drop down menu as well that has multiple settings.
You can just select Invert from that menu if you don't want to bother with typing.

And last but not least you can use:

Input-x%
or

Input+y%
to directly move the entire ramp up or down by a percentage.

I hope you all enjoy and can utilize this invention.
If you have any Questions or need Help, I am glad to respond!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “flp Exchange”