3xOsc Drum Synthesis

For .flp/.zip project exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators

Return to “flp Exchange”

Forum rules
This forum is for .flp exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators.

It's also encouraged to include an mp3 format render so people can browse your work.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Corrosionred
Tue May 30, 2017 6:43 pm

x

3xOsc Drum Synthesis

Hello everyone

This time I decided to record myself making a drum loop from scratch using 3xOsc, you can grab the .flp (FL 12.4 or higher) and tweak the drums and do whatever you like with the project. 8)
I'll explain what I did, starting with the kicks (I hope this post isn't too long, I already wrote the same thing inside the flp)

Kicks -> 3xOsc, set to a Sine Wave, Volume Envelope and Pitch Envelope with a short decay, lowered the root pitch (about 45hz range).
3xOsc #2, set to Noise, Volume Envelope and Lowpass filter envelope with a short decay (LPx2).
Assigned 3xOsc 1 and 2 to their own mixer insert, and then grouped them by routing both to another empty mixer insert, Fruity Reverb on 3xOsc #2 with a small room size and a decay length of 0.1 sec (sounds ringy, I personally like to do this on the "click" of my Kicks).
Compress the whole Kick using Fruity Limiter.

Snare -> 3xOsc #3, same as the kick, set to a Sine Wave, Volume Envelope and Pitch Envelope with a short decay, about 200hz range.
3xOsc #3, set to Noise, Lowpass filter envelope with a short decay (LPx2).
3xOsc #4, also set to Noise, no filter envelope.
Assigned them to their own mixer insert, and then grouped them by routing all three to an empty mixer insert, some EQ, Reverb and Compression.

Cymbals -> Many instances of 3xOsc all set to sine waves, using Osc3 to Amplitude Modulate Osc1 and 2, raised the root pitch (really high, can't be specific), set the oscillators on all instances to random pitches to get a metallic tone, Fruity Flangus to add a tiny bit of flanging, Eq (highpass aliasing artifacts), and Reverb.
3xOsc Drum Synthesis.flp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Corrosionred on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “flp Exchange”