Remix, song rebirth for friend who passed away

For .flp/.zip project exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators

Return to “flp Exchange”

Forum rules
This forum is for .flp exchange ONLY. Projects MUST use Image Line samples and generators.

It's also encouraged to include an mp3 format render so people can browse your work.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ABICATAC
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:13 am

x

Remix, song rebirth for friend who passed away

SAMPLE OF SONG

Here is the flp and zip of a remix project I am working on for a friend of mine who passed away. This was one of the songs we refused to use and safe it for a side project that never came out.(From about 10 years ago) but I guess that wont ever come about. The song we would always say we would start with because we thought everything was there for a great song just needed the time. The friends name is shawn "CB" and his verse is third his son is almost a teenager now and in this song he is rapped about "baby momma still love her shorty almost 2" and shawn never created much music so his son is really looking forward to this.

I put the vocal takes back. muted the original beat and there are drums hats and snares and a few chord ideas took a swing at it wasnt feelng anything we created. I left some drum ideas and a few chords i was playing around with but we are open to anything really. So feel free to use the tempo and verses to craft everything. Dont worry if you you dont have the same plug ins or anything its just a couple piano chords. The first two verses will be reworked and hook will be improved but keep the melody and lyrics. We released 4 albums since we recorded this so our style has changed and now Im 30 and not a college freshmen anymore. But id say focus on his lyrics and the hook those are the strenghs and why we still remember this song today. i expect first verse will be mostly scrapped and second verse will probably stay about the same just redone to our current standards
I just want to stress this song might change so dont get to attached to the vocals. But feel free if you wish to do whatever you want with this song and vocals. You can keep your own version, do vocals, whatever you want but just let us know so we can share it with his family. Just trying to put together this song for our friend and we want to put it on our fith album we are working on. Here is the song we are thinking of leading into the song if your curious I understand if you are gonna go for this youd probably want some context. I have a friend also taking a swing on this album but he is ill so I have no idea if he will be able to come up with anything. If he does I will upload newer versions and keep you updated. And we will do a final mix and master for any versions you guys create.

Thanks guys, excited to hear some life brought into this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “flp Exchange”