perfect pitch / relative pitch ( improving )

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ARRU
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:13 pm

x

perfect pitch / relative pitch ( improving )

So i've been thinking about this topic for some while. I don't know for sure but it's very likely i have relative pitch. I feel like i wanna improve my ability to recognize single notes and chords.
When i hear a tone i can whistle the exact sound by thinking about it. I can also whistle the c major scale without hearing any reference. (but so far only on days i feel well and can concentrate unfortunatly) I also can take any song listen to it for a few seconds and in my head i already got the scale (in mainstream music not experimental jazz or something like that xD). And i can whistle harmonies and the scale up and down or simple arpeggios. Its a good practice since i can whistle anywhere and at any time. But it doesnt satisfy me. I play piano and guitar. I want to be able to do the same thing with my piano. Thinking the note and knowing immediately where it is. The same way i feel it with the whistling. Now i thought about learning all 88 keys ( still thinking about a good way to practice that xD) I wonder if anyone here did or does it and how it turned out. I will probably try it out. Sometimes i feel like i can do it. As long as i can feel it its probably possible with proper effort.

Ok guys this was my short little story on how i wanna know all the notes in my head. What's yours?

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”