Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
qmznkrv
Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 am

x

Strange Slider/Knob Behavior in 10.9 beta with Wacom Tablet

Just started poking around in 10.9, and there's a strange behavior regarding the master volume and pitch sliders while using a graphic tablet--specifically, an old Wacom 4x5 Graphire. I do not remember this behavior occurring in previous versions.

I start by grabbing either master slider with a tablet pen click, from any volume level, then move it upwards. Slowly, quickly, does not matter. After an approximate 20% increase, the slider will jump to maximum level and become stuck there. Alternately, if I place my cursor in the empty space above the slider, and move upwards, it will instantly jump to the maximum level in the same fashion

After this occurs, the slider will refuse to move downward, even when lifting the pen and re-engaging it with a click. However, if I click the pen in the empty space beneath the slider and drag, it will move normally--unless I move the slider back to max level, at which point it will become stuck again.

The only relevant setting I could find was "Optimize For: (HID Device)". Switching between Pencil and Mouse seemed to have no effect. Tried resetting the tablet driver settings to defaults, including screen area--no noticeable change.

This does not occur with any other pointing device on my system (mouse, touchpad), so I can accept it as an incompatibility between my (rather old) Wacom tablet drivers and the newest FL Studio. Still, it is strange that I this did not seem to occur in versions before 10.9 beta--unless my memory is failing me.

EDIT: After more testing, the issue occurs with any knob or slider in the program. It seems to have something to do with the screen edges--if my pen moves to where a screen edge would be on the tablet while tweaking a slider, the slider becomes locked until I disengage from it. It is happening with greater frequency on the master controls because of their proximity to the top of the screen.

This must have started with the most recent betas, because I am now certain this behavior wasn't present in earlier versions. Would have definitely noticed it.

In addition, I found what appears to be a related problem when using the touchpad. I left click on a knob or slider, and move my finger X distance to increase it to max. Then I move my finger another 3X that distance, without releasing the left button. Then, I start moving in the other direction. The knob/slider will stick at max until I've moved 3X distance, undoing all that extra motion past the maximum. It doesn't seem like the ideal behavior.

I also noticed that when I over/undercrank these knobs and sliders, my mouse cursor seems to still be traversing the FL Studio workspace. I can tell this because help tips will start popping up for other knobs in the Hint Bar. This holds true for both tablet and touchpad.

gol
Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:31 am

x

Re: Strange Slider/Knob Behavior in 10.9 beta with Wacom Tab

here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”