Anyone actually have EW Play x64 working non-bridged?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
action9000
Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:15 am

x

Anyone actually have EW Play x64 working non-bridged?

Hey all,

I've been fighting with trying to run EastWest Play's 64-bit VSTi in FL64 for ages now, with absolutely no success.
Play will work just fine in very small projects, but once I start to actually attempt to build a decent-sized project, everything starts going haywire:

There seems to be a magic point where adding a new instance of Play will result in that new instance immediately crashing/disabling. As soon as I take any action in FL (such as closing the vst, clicking any knob or menu, etc.), the entire FL application hard-freezes and I have to kill it via Task Manager.

NOTE: It's worth mentioning that I noticed some strange behaviour with my Underruns value in the audio settings of FL.
While my project is loading, I was watch the Underrun counter increase by about 20-30 for each PLAY instance that loads up. After the first instance loads, it's sitting about 20, after the 2nd one loads, it's sitting about 40, and so on. Note that I haven't played back ANY audio during this time; this is simply during the loading of the .flp file! Do you have any idea what's going on here? This doesn't seem right...\

I have included a screenshot featuring a debug log after loading ~7GB worth of Play instruments (Hollywood Brass Diamond, EWQL Symphonic Orchestra, EWQL Solo Violin). As soon as I tried to load the next Play instance (low brass), you can see in the debug log that that instance immediately crashed.

The debug log on the left shows it during the project loading process - everything looks just fine. It's just a magic point where Play just stops letting me load new stuff.

There is no hardware-related explanation: I have 48GB of RAM and plenty of CPU power (i7 3930k 6-core), streaming everything off SSDs. I'm running Windows 7 Professional with an M-Audio FastTrack C600 with 64-bit ASIO drivers (not ASIO4ALL).

If anyone has had success using Play in projects of this size, I would sincerely appreciate at least the support of knowing that it's possible.
Maybe FL just isn't matured enough to handle this kind of load?

I have played with a number of settings inside the Play wrapper, including Fixed Sized Buffers. It seems to have no effect. I have also tried a variety of Wrapper versions, with no effect.

Please, I need some encouragement! I'm going absolutely crazy with bridging everything in FL 32-bit:
10 minute load times
Ridiculous CPU usage that make realtime playback almost impossible.
RAM usage significantly higher than it should be...

I'd look forward to getting away from all that!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:23 pm

x

Re: Anyone actually have EW Play x64 working non-bridged?

Does it happen if you choose "(none)" for the a...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:41 pm

x

Could you make an flp file with a random instru...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm

x

It happens here too, but so far only when it's ...

action9000
Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:54 am

x

I have done some more testing this evening: I ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:05 am

x

I'll try your flp, but could you also test with...

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:40 pm

x

action9000 wrote:Just wondering....could the is...

action9000
Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:54 pm

x

I have tried it with DirectSound and ASIO4ALL o...
Last edited by action9000 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:56 pm

x

I also use a usb audio interface at the moment ...

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:45 pm

x

If you feel like it, could you try this in the ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”