Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Amethyst
Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:01 pm

x

Playlist/Piano Roll Request

I have a small issue about getting from the playlist into the piano roll.

I work in a linear way. All my patterns are the full length of the project, whether they have something in every bar or not. It makes it easier moving to different Daws and also for stems.

Let's say I have a Viola track and my project so far is 83 bars long, but I haven't put anything in the Viola track yet. I have an empty clip set up on the Viola track that is there when I open the template. Now I need to get to bar 54 to enter some piano roll data for the Violas.

I can double click on the midi clip in the playlist, but since it's empty it will just sit there.... so I only have two choices. I can hit the piano roll shortcut icon up top, but that puts me on bar 1 in the Viola piano roll. I can hit F7 but that also puts me on bar 1 in the piano roll. I can enter a note on bar one and hope that I remember to delete it later....

I need a way to get to bar 54 without spending an hour scrolling in the piano roll. The ideal way would be by double clicking the midi clip in the playlist at the location where I click and the piano roll would open at that spot on the timeline just like it does when it has content.

9loops
Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:11 pm

x

Re: Playlist/Piano Roll Request

You can put a silent note (0 velocity) outside ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Amethyst
Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:55 am

x

Re: Playlist/Piano Roll Request

Thanks, I've resorted to that. I also have fou...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”