Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
First Sun
Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:03 pm

x

Some things I'd like to see in FL12

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area. I've been using FL for an extremely long time now, and over the years there are things (once you're completely familiarized and good at using the software) you wish you could have. I wanted to make a thread about some of the minor things that I thought would be a great addition to FL. I've not downloaded the beta build of 12 yet, but I'll be doing so soon, so please forgive me if these are already in/planned. I encourage others to provide things they'd like to see (within the scope and scale of FL12, of course) as well.

1. Additional "Extra plugins" selections. For instance, instead of using one folder with a 64-bit folder inside, allow separate folders for both to be chosen.
2. Additional "Samples locations" selections with a "+" sign to add another folder if you've run out of directories to choose.
3. A dialog prompt when opening a 64-bit project in a 32-bit version of FL that lets you know you're using a 64-bit architecture. Tick a box to disable notifications.
4. Live reading from the VST section/auto detection of a new VST without scanning. Alternatively, set a polling rate in options to check every "X" seconds/minutes/hours. Limit against playback option so it doesn't cause additional load.
5. Filter old versions of VSTs in the generator plugin list out if newer VST versions are detected. Tick a box to activate older version views.
6. FLAC support. (I know, I know! Don't beat me up over it. Less steps are always nicer, though.)

I also wanted to ask the IL team if they've thought about using public boards like Trello (Open source) to show the progress and thought process of the development of FL before. It's a great way to show the public things you're working on, their priority, and little notes about certain tasks. I, too, am a software developer and have had really cool ideas and suggestions by making the design process a bit more open. I'm not saying that everything IL does is "under wraps", just wanted to suggest an idea I had!

Thanks, Image-Line, for great software that I've been using for many years! Looking forward to trying out 12!

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”