Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
marztecheque
Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:22 pm

x

FL 12.0.1 x64 - metering on master after adjusting master

1) If I start a project, any project, and let it play, I get a certain display of the metering on the master channel of the mixer...

2) if I tweak the master mixer level, say raise it, the "meter" seems to "come to life" more and be more dynamic in its representation of the track...

3) moreover, if I right-click reset the master track, so theoretically it goes "back" to initial state, I don't get the same level of display I had initially at step 1) above...

my imagination? I'll try to do some more work as time permits to explore further... this behavior is so far on my own projects... okay, let me quickly try with "newstuff." just a second...

okay realized too - I've turned fruity limiter off in master (right click turn off in insert) to see a more pronounced effect here - I mix without limiter turned on when working on my tracks...

A) but this even happens with newstuff - I open it and turn off fl limiter on master... I let it play. when vox starts, the dB display hits -3.0.

B)I stop the track, restart it, raise the master track level on the mixer. of course the level display on dB meter goes higher...

C) I right-click on master level and hit "reset." I start newstuff over. when vox comes in now, it spikes up a tiny bit higher, above -3.0 dB - not like A) above

windows 7 64 bit os, svc pk 1, i-4770K intel, 16GB Ram

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”