Can't find data files from fl11 project(s)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Michieldb
Sat May 09, 2015 10:10 pm

x

Can't find data files from fl11 project(s)

I tried FL12 today. I was hoping FL12 could link 30+ recordings done in FL at once to a mixer bus instead of going one by one.

When I loaded the project it said it couldn't find the data files I had just recorded in FL11.
I had selected a data folder for the project but apparently I did that AFTER arming the mixer track so all went to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 11\Data\Patches\Recorded" (LOL or cry?).

So I saved as zip in FL11 and opened in FL12. Then saved as FL again. And opened again. "Data files could not be located".
I know how to fix it (copy files or search for files) but that's not the problem here.
There must be some way to copy and relocate all data files within FL?.. Shouldn't it ask for that anyway when saving a ZIP file as FL file?

Furthermore I found out (since all Wasps where mute) that 32 bit plugins aren't supported in the 64 bit version of FL. So that's bye bye to 64 bit FL I guess.

I might sound a bit bitter, but I guess I am. I was really hoping for some key improvements like file handling and audio clip editing rather than "yet another" interface pimp.
I get old, I guess..

Cheers and respect for all the work ;)

reflex
Site Admin
Wed May 13, 2015 8:07 am

x

Re: Can't find data files from fl11 project(s)

Michieldb wrote:When I loaded the project it sa...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”