Calculus behind FL Studio

Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
FunguyI
Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:38 pm

x

Calculus behind FL Studio

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong forum section, but this seemed like the right place in sound design. Getting straight to the point, I am asking about the calculus, if it is there, behind parts of FL Studio and its native plugins for an art project in my Calculus 2 class I am currently taking.
I am posting this because I haven't found much yet on the math behind this stuff yet, although I am still searching.

For starters, is there anybody here who understand the math behind the following plugins/features.

Harmor; Filter Cutoff(s), Phaser(width, amount, speed, shape), detune, and the use of Unison to make saws, change the properties of harmonics across the spectrum as a whole (i.e. applying phaser, harmonizer, prism or anything to a broad spectrum of frequencies)

Sytrus, Adding Harmonics manually, unison(for saws)

Parametric EQ2 bands' cutoff/boosting functions i.e bandpass filter, low/high pass filter, band gain, etc.

Fruity Flanger, maybe?

I am going to assume some of it is pretty complicated, so I am just asking for some slightly trimmed down explanations of the math behind the functions of the software(i.e. integration and derivatives)

Thanks,
FunguyI

Grae_
Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:13 pm

x

Re: Calculus behind FL Studio

Hi, Not to say I understand any of this, but t...

cuberoot
Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:52 pm

x

Re: Calculus behind FL Studio

A very simple, very basic example of calculus i...

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”