String quartet emulation with Sytrus and Sakura.

Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Its Clipping
Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:50 am

x

String quartet emulation with Sytrus and Sakura.

So I wanted to try creating a violin patch in Sytrus earlier today. I imported a MIDI file (I don't even know which one sorry, didn't pay enough attention to the name at the time and it's not stored in the project. Could be any one of hundreds of classical MIDI files from various sources here on the net.

Anyhoo, so I've come up with a not brilliant, but not the-worst-ever violin patch in Sytrus (and tweaked slightly for more of a viola sound on the second instance, mainly the EQ settings.) There is 2 Sytrii and 3 Sakuras in the project, but it's actually only 4 parts. One of the Sakuras is duplicating the Cello sound in one, but playing in unison an octave higher. (and turned quieter - this is just to make the cello sound richer in spectrum basically.

I did a little velocity tweaking using some custom quantize templates I've made.... The templates have semi-random velocities and I have multiple different ones, so it's a quick hack for a more 'humanized' feel.
There is only a couple of FX; Reverb, (Reverb2 on the master and also Convolver on send1.) EQ: (Tried to shape them more into the right spectrums for their respective instruments and they're just shaped by ear.)

Feel free to give me any pointers on how to improve the violin patch, any Sytrus gurus out there. I had lots of ideas, but they didn't all implement as I was hoping...
All good fun anyway. Also, if you know which track this is, post the name and then I can cite the original MIDI file I used for this project.
SomeClassicalThing_Sytrus+Sakura.zip
SomeClassicalThing_Sytrus+Sakura.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”