Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Siek Hondt
Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:54 pm

x

deadmau5 / Wolfgang Gartner - Delay and Reverb

Hi FL Studio friends,

I know this has been asked around the web but I cannot find a great answer anywhere...

Question: How does one achieve reverb and feedback tails that morph over time?
I achieved similar results in Ableton by sending a short piece of source material to a Send with a delay on it, and then sending this send back into itself.
So the delay feeds on its own delay. Of course not nearly like this... Wondering if this is possible in FL Studio in one form or another.

Community Funk is a great example of what I am speaking of:

More questions:

- how is the feedback so controlled, i.e. the feedback not going apeshit but still modulating so nicely and at a level volume? Compression to keep it under control?
Is the type of reverb and delay plugin important? Any recommendations?
- How should the delay / reverb be treated in the stereo field?
- What are some good settings? I know that the delay time should not be synced in order to get some nice rhythms. Offset 8th notes work well.
- the deadmau5 project in FL's 'Cool Stuff' has a nice effects chain called 'verb' but it is nothing compared to the types of delay used his later releases.
- What effects other than simple delay, reverb, filtering, sidechaining should be applied? wait for the last bit of delay / reverb at 6 minutes to hear it all by itself..
Definitely lofi / distortion added

Example from Wolfgang Gartner:

Listen at 4:45. This sounds like filtering has been used to morph the sound..

Any thoughts / advice regarding anything that I have just typed down here will be great.

Lee.
Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:35 am

x

Re: deadmau5 / Wolfgang Gartner - Delay and Reverb

The best thing I can recommend is fabfilter tim...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Siek Hondt
Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:00 am

x

Thanks Lee... Enjoyed those examples... I will...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Siek Hondt
Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:42 pm

x

and yet another example: Delay Example 2.mp3 ...

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”