CHALLENGE: UNIQUE EFFECT RECREATION (with example)

Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
mgood77
Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:01 am

x

CHALLENGE: UNIQUE EFFECT RECREATION (with example)

Broken headphones (u know, how sometimes the cable is a bit broken and it is fine in a certain position but in another position the sound becomes fked up and u have to try n get it to stay in the position that the sound is fine in so the sound is clear again), everyone has them, everyone replaces them, but few people realize just how usefull they can be as the sound is... very unique depending on the track played throug the headphones can produce very different and interesting results, some unheard sounds that u now want, alternate sounding instruments that u like, hiden sub tracks and sounds that r inaudible due to other instruments playing can now be heard, n other misteries of the brocken headphones unique sound, all possible through the power of broken headphones, and suprisingly they seem to pick up the reverb very well (eg a song without reverb and a song with reverb, the reverb will be ALOT more audible through the broken headphones than the track without reverb (aka a reverb version of a song played through broken headphones will sound alot closer to the original non reverb song played through non broken headphones, also the non reverb song will be compleat inaudible (silent) on broken headphones (only explenation since one or 2 of my songs i have downloaded are completely silent as if there is no audio playing when i play then on the broken headphones vs when i play on non broken headphones wich suggests whatever is happening cuts out everything but the reverbs frequency thing wich also is probably y reverb is alot more audible on a song without reverb (if u take a song that is mute on broken headphones and apply reverb to it (amount of reverb needed is unsure as i have not need to do that in a long time) it will become almost completely audible))).

My challenge to all of you is to try and recreate the unique effect of a broken pair of headphones on a non broken audio output wether it be headphones or speakers, whatever u use, as long as it is non broken (eg a fresh brought speaker)

NOTE: Breaking your headphones or speaker to produce broken headphone effect does not count as re creating the effect

NOTE: Also very good at removing all vocals

NOTE: IT DOES ALOT MORE THAN MAKE ONLY REVERB AUDIBLE

Example:

Broken Headphones:

Non broken headphones (original):

Last edited by mgood77 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nucleon
Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:21 am

x

Re: CHALLENGE: UNIQUE EFFECT RECREATION

Try the Side preset of Fruity Stereo Shaper. Th...

Grae_
Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:31 pm

x

Hi, Broken means different stuffs, but reading...

mgood77
Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:28 am

x

I dont want to fix it, i want to recreate the e...

ARRU
Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:16 pm

x

mgood77 wrote:I dont want to fix it, i want to ...

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”