Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sondrebot
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:11 pm

x

Noisia - Motion Blur

Hi!

Decided to give the bass/effect from Motion Blur a try, and decided to share it here! :D

I'm not really that happy with how the bass turned out compared to the original.. If anyone got some advice on how to get it more similar, feel free to share.

The base sound is very simple. A detuned saw with a low pass and automation. Also added a little bit of noise. From here I used Patcher for the rest. The effects is mostly split into two parts. The first is processing of the main sound, where I split the low and mid+high frequencies. The mid-high-part is ran through a convolver with a guitar-rig impulse (and dry set to 0 -> important!) plus some distortion. The harmonic part is made using a very simple chord-like sound (sytrus preset, also included) as a reverb impulse in Convolver. From here on I automated the wetness, strength and delay of several effects. (Note the patcher preset is a little bit messy, as I acidentally hit the Auto-arrange-button).

Also added some drums and the vocalpad-thingy!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tekfreq88
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:45 pm

x

Re: Noisia - Motion Blur

That is incredible! I would never dream of bein...

Ainch
Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:38 pm

x

I think the Noisia bass is actually two bass so...

LEFT_91
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:32 pm

x

sounds like a trumpet or horn sound to me and p...

yendis777
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:51 am

x

Awesome job on trying to recreate the bass patc...

dlguye
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:13 pm

x

Feel like it's flat, lacks low-end, and 2-dimen...

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”