Spor Neurofunk Bass

Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Seamless
Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:44 am

x

Spor Neurofunk Bass

So I already posted this in the song exchange. But actually, it should be here shouldn't it?

1:54 is a moment alone with the sound in question.

Now, I'm familiar (finally) with the basic principles of the reese/neurofunk bass. But I'm still missing a part of the puzzle.

(aaaand posted instead of preview, whoops)

So, I actually used Massive to get where I did. But the success of the re sampling and layering was entirely because of the FL time stretch engines. As well, this could be redone with sytrus and its own internal FX, or FL's FX.

The chain was this: Two PWM'd Saw waves, one 25 cents lower than the other. Run through a scream filter and a band reject (stop) filter. Then run through a hard clipper the into a tube distortion.

My problem with this setup is that the modulation you're hearing is largely not my doing. I tweaked the filter cutoffs to get some motion in there, and that did good. But I cant seem to figure out where to put a primary LP filter to get the kind of control over the modulation that the Spor track above has it.

Also, I'm not familiar enough with resampling techniques. What I did there was bounce a bunch of layers using differen't time stretching engines and some pitch movement, panned a few of them, and that was it. But what other stuff can you do with resampling? Does running it through a filter twice do much? My brief experimentation with it hasn't really yielded good answers.

What would you do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”