Can an automatic Feedback Eliminator in Patcher be done?

Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Chesta12345
Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:01 am

x

Can an automatic Feedback Eliminator in Patcher be done?

I use a lot FX on my vocals during live shows, and some of them are begging for trouble if you're not careful. I've gotten pretty good with using Fruity Limiter's noise gate and clever filtering to eliminate most problems.

I'm good about 90% of the time with a halfway competent sound guy unless a venue does something dumb like put the PAs or the Monitors in the back of the stage. I always have to be careful, though, not to get my mic too close to the monitors or to walk to close to in front of the PAs when I'm trying to hype the crowd.

I'm about to get a wireless mic and I thought it would be real cool if there was some kind of plugin to help out with this problem so I could fully enjoy the freedom I've always wanted during a performance.

I've been super impressed by all of Youlean's Patcher presets. I just used his intelligent de-esser last night to great (and very quick) effect. It seems the ability to detect frequency spikes exists. Is there a way to have a notch filter automatically detect them and adjust? I know such hardware exists.

Return to “Patcher - Presets”