How to Invert Phase in Patcher (with preset)

Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Subcycle
Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:30 am

x

How to Invert Phase in Patcher (with preset)

Hey Patcher Dudes. Here with another question that I already answered. I'm now in search of a better solution, if there is one. The topic today is Inverting the Phase of your audio. I hope this doesn't overlap another thread here. I searched for the topic above and could not find anything about inverting phase.

I did this by linking two Fruity Stereo Enhancers in series. One inverts the left channel, and one inverts the right channel. I then feed the inverted audio back in with the original source audio in parallel. View the phase cancellation patcher preset below for an example with sliders for original and inverted signal. When both sliders are at the same volume the audio and volume should cut out completely.

I also attached what I like to call a Patcher Module that is set up and ready to invert the phase of whatever you throw at it. That file is named "Invert Phase.fst" Using this technique you can create patches that allow you to listen to only the 'difference' of whatever you are doing. Or use it to make sure any frequency splitting you are doing is linear in phase.

Now the question.
-Does anyone know an easier or better way to do this in patcher? This is all I can come up with so far.
Attachments
phase cancellation.fst
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Invert Phase.fst
(2.39 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

Return to “Patcher - Presets”