2-Stage Pit/Hall reverb with sidechain

Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Jonathanese
Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:24 pm

x

2-Stage Pit/Hall reverb with sidechain

I made this reverb controller a year or so ago with the intent of mimicking the echo and reverb characteristics of an orchestral hall, and adding the ability to sidechain the reverb.

It wound up being configurable enough that I ended up using it in many cases. It has been especially useful for my live-played piano, because not only does it sound good, but with the included ILR file, you can configure it on-the-fly.

It contains two "stages". The first is the "Pit", which is intended to mimic the effect of sound bouncing around in a orchestral pit. The second is the "Hall", which is intended to mimic sound bouncing around the rest of the room.

Both have the exact same configuration options. The only difference is that audio from the pit is also sent to the hall.

Each stage has both echo and reverb, with the relevant volume level and decay options, as well as stereo separation options.

Each stage also has a sidechain level control. At its lowest level, it behaves like any standard reverb. But when the level is raised, the clean signal reduces the volume of the reverb signal. When done right, this works really well with piano. When playing softer and slower, or sustaining notes, the hall effect fades in and adds atmosphere, but when more movement happens, the reverb drops back, allowing complex parts to remain fairly clean.

There is nothing particularly special from a technical standpoint. It's just a nice cluster of setting to have all together, especially with the remote control.
Screenshot_2015-06-18-16-20-45.png
Screenshot_2015-06-18-16-20-45.png (43.81 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
Attachments
2-StageHall.ilr
(4.8 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
2-Stage Hall.fst
(46.11 KiB) Downloaded 159 times

Jonathanese
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:31 pm

x

Re: 2-Stage Pit/Hall reverb with sidechain

You can adjust the size of the slider. If you m...

Return to “Patcher - Presets”