Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Basi
Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:03 pm

x

Complex filter with X, Y and Z control

Hello All!

I have been really struggling to make this work and so I thought I would reach out here for help. Please let me know if this is in the wrong forum, although I have run into some bugs while pursuing this task I wasn't taking notes so I can't recreate the same situation in which they appeared and because of this did not want to post in the technical support forum.

Basically I am creating a patcher preset that I can use within another for some complex filtering tasks I have planned. Ideally this will consist of an X,Y and Z controller and four love philter's.

The controller should work as follows the X axis and Y axis will be linked to the master volume on the four filters and each one to be placed in its own corner of the controller's grid to allow seamless blending between them. The Z axis will then be linked to the cut off or frequency inside each filter in order to achieve more modulation without using automation so it can be done to taste on the fly.

I was then going to take advantage of the control surface to have further modulation/ automation possibilities but I know that won't be a problem so it's not really relevant to this post.

I have been working on this for quite a while with no luck, firstly I found that it wouldn't let me link the parameters of the love philters to an X,Y,Z controller inside of the same patcher. This is quite awkward for what I was trying because it will have to sit on a mixer insert instead so I tried to gain control of them using another control surface and formula controllers which worked for three of them but I was unable to find a way to control the volume of the bottom left filter with the correct inverted mapping. I also tried a really long winded approach using control surface knobs and a combination of everything I had tried previously. Apart from being needlessy complicated this also achieved nothing.

It could be worth noting that when I had managed to link the master volumes to a X,Y,Z controller the movement was not that great ( in the corners it glitched out and the volume would jump back to 100%

Please If anyone knows how I could achieve this please let me know, I know there is a way of setting this up because I have seen similar in FL before.

Cheers in advance for the help.
Sebastian.

nucleon
Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:19 pm

x

Re: Complex filter with X, Y and Z control

Try the Smart XY for 4 controls (xfade) preset ...

Basi
Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:59 am

x

Great! Thank you I will try this out! Very much...

Basi
Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:48 am

x

Worked a treat when incorporated within the pat...

Return to “Patcher - Presets”