Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
richmaloon
Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:04 pm

x

Mid/Side EQ for Patcher

Mid/Side EQ for Patcher (Effect)

Made this so you could actually see the Side signal in Parametric EQ whilst adjusting frequencies !

Suggested Uses:

1) Use on a Master Track to high pass everything in the Sides above a certain frequency, say 90 to 120 Hz, leaving Mono only below that frequency.

2) Enhance the high frequencies in the stereo field by scooping Mids out (using Mid EQ) and boosting Sides at the same frquency (using Side EQ) thereby widening stereo field at just that frequency range.

3) Use on an Insert Track to control stereo separation with custom frequency tailoring of a particular sound.

4) Experiment.

This set up is not the same as simply adjusting the stereo separation knob on FL's Mixer because that affects the full audio spectrum. This set up allows adjusting stereo separation on a frequency tailored basis similar to Fab Filter Pro Q EQ or one of iZotope Ozone's Equalizers set to Mid/Side mode. The challenge I found is that Fruity Parametric EQ does not display a pure "Side only" signal - it shows up blank. The work around, I found, was to invert the right channel's Side signal before and after the so called Side EQ in this Patcher set up, thus enabling you to "see" the "Side only" signal in Fruity Parametric EQ ... because Fruity Parametric EQ can easily show the mono version of that "Side only" signal. But to combine it back with the Mono signal correctly, the right channel of the Side signal needed to be inverted again.

Uses FL's native plugins.

It is important to leave the yellow noodle volume adjustment parameters at 100% or else you may color the output in some unwanted fashion.

Cheers :D .
Attachments
Mid_Side EQ.jpg
Mid_Side EQ.jpg (88.84 KiB) Viewed 5830 times
Mid_Side EQ.fst
(10.16 KiB) Downloaded 1131 times
Last edited by richmaloon on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ARRU
Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:10 pm

x

Re: Mid/Side EQ for Patcher

Thank you very much. I didnt know this was poss...

a deaf bat
Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:09 pm

x

There's a slightly easier way to achieve this: ...
Attachments
ms-eq.fst
(7.73 KiB) Downloaded 763 times

richmaloon
Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:22 am

x

Lummy, An elegant implementation indeed.

B_MCD
Wed May 25, 2022 12:58 pm

x

Works perfectly in 2022. It is my first time us...

Spacecandy
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:47 am

x

this is so good, was working on a master and th...

Return to “Patcher - Presets”