Lack of user friendly UI on Automation screens.

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Robin1
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:38 pm

x

Lack of user friendly UI on Automation screens.

I've mentioned here before that automation screens could really do with some sort of visable scale relevant to the parameter being automated so that the user isn't 'flying blind'. I'm only mentioning it again because I'm attaching a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

The screenshot was grabbed while the track was running. The parameter being automated is the Level of the GMSynth. The automation at the point where the playback line is, according to the scale on the left equates to about 0.47. The Level at this point can be seen to be -13.5dB. When the automation jumps up vertically, it does so to a Level value of 0.8dB. As can be seen, this equates to about 0.27 on the scale on the left. Thus, the question has to be: 0.27, 0.47 of what? Clearly, in this example it doesn't refer to dB level - setting an automation point to 0.00 on that scale would obviously result in a level much higher than 0.00dB. Thus, automation currently needs to be done on a trial and error basis which is such a shame considering the vast number of parameters which can be automated.

At the very least, a visual indicator of where you're starting from is needed, showing the current value of the parameter at the beginning of an automation clip. A simple line on the left indicating this starting point value, with 'sticky', snap-to functionality, would be more useful than the current scale which makes no sense to me (though I happily admit I might just be completely missing the relevance of the current scale, in which case please let me know how it is supposed to be used).

I hope I have explained clearly what I mean and that it is something that the developers might consider. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”