GMSynth second oscillator not immediately audible.

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Robin1
Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:34 pm

x

GMSynth second oscillator not immediately audible.

Hi,

This might, again, show my lack of experience with synthesisers, but it may be a fault with the GMSynth as well?

If I create a GMS channel, without selecting any preset, I am given, I presume, the default, raw GMS. What I have noticed though, is that the second oscillator is not audible. Changing the second oscillator from the default Beast to Saw or any other waveform, makes no difference to the sound. Neither does altering the pitch of the second oscillator make any difference to the sound. Only when the Balance is altered does the second oscillator become audible.

Is that to be expected? I'd assumed that the default position of the Balance, in the centre, was an equal 50/50 mix of oscillator 1 and oscillator 2, but if this is the case then it doesn't appear to be working properly as the two oscillators only become audible when the Balance is shifted, however slightly, in favour of one or the other. If this is the expected, desired behaviour then I apologise for my lack of understanding but it doesn't seem consistent with other synths I have used, hence why I'm asking.

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”