Cannot open FLM files on FL Studio Mobile (Windows 10)

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BEASTthisIndustry
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:17 am

x

Cannot open FLM files on FL Studio Mobile (Windows 10)

The software seems to prefer saving FLM files internally, which isn't really ideal for me being that I want to access my FLM files regardless of computer, and also preserve them in the event that something were to happen to my machine.

Luckily, there was an option to save to "This Device" which let me select my own folder... and that's all good.

...but there's one big problem: I can't open the FLM files within FL Studio Mobile after saving to my device.

Unless I'm missing over something, the app itself has no option to simply open an FLM file, it appears to only be able to open what's saved within the program's own (hidden?) directory.

I try to drag-and-drop the FLM onto the icon - which of course doesn't work within the Windows 10 "modern" app framework as it does dropping a usable file onto an EXE (or it's shortcut). File association has worked before through other modern apps, yet when I try to access FL Studio Mobile from within the "Open with" menu, it doesn't generate, and it's not under "More Apps" or "look for another app on this PC" either.

Anything that would help remedy this? If I could just be guaranteed the ability to cycle through saving and being able to open my content, this could easily become the perfect DAW for my use.

Scott
Site Admin
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:00 am

x

Re: Cannot open FLM files on FL Studio Mobile (Windows 10)

To open .flm files on Windows 10 you will need ...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”