Mac Alpha Plugin Picker

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... port_macOS

Return to “Technical Support (macOS)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
mikegonsolin
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 am

x

Mac Alpha Plugin Picker

Hey guys,
I have an insanely high amount of 3rd party plugins, over 4k, and when scanning and verifying in FL on mac the plugin picker does crash quite a bit. The workaround I've developed is to empty the vst folders, and then to pull them into the vst folders in bunches, scan and verify, then add another bunch as each scan is successful and there is no crash; if there is a crash, pull some out and rescan till there isn't.
Needless to say this takes a very long time to get all my plugins scanned and verified, but I have done it on both my machines, and now when I run a scan it just pickups the newer plugin updates and new plugin installs; until today.
It just started my plugin scan over from the top like it had no memory of any prior scans and I'm having to redo the whole process, which is an absolute nightmare. This was before updating anything to the newest alpha version posted yesterday.
So I have a couple of questions:
1. Is this known behavior and is there anything I can do to prevent this from EVER happening again?
2. Is there a file somewhere that I can save a duplicate of that keeps track of what plugins have been successfully scanned and verified and that I can copy and paste back to its original location should this ever happen again? (If you're familiar with Pro Tools you'll know they have a file for this very purpose.)
Also, any word on when the update for mac will give us back the ability to drag and drop samples from the finder into FL?
Please let me know as soon as you can.
Thanks so much.
Best,
Mike

mikegonsolin
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 am

x

Re: Mac Alpha Plugin Picker

WOW. Just ran through doing this whole procedur...

mikegonsolin
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:17 am

x

One more thing to note: After making it through...

mikegonsolin
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:27 am

x

Just going to keep adding on notes here. I've l...

ZXDunny
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:46 am

x

We are reading the reports. I'll try to reprodu...

Return to “Technical Support (macOS)”