(0.9Y) Clipping bug w/ AudioAssault "Transient" + VIDEO

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... port_macOS

Return to “Technical Support (macOS)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jjzfive
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:05 pm

x

(0.9Y) Clipping bug w/ AudioAssault "Transient" + VIDEO

Hey everyone,

I'm using 64 bit 0.9Y. There's been a huge bug terrorizing me since I've downloaded the 32 bit version, then went away in the 64 bit version until now. Attached is a video showing everything that happens, but I'll also explain it below:

For starters, I don't know what causes this or how to replicate it. As you see in the video, the samples just automatically "shoot" up whenever they want.

1) Some samples (I'm not sure if synthesized sounds also do this, as I'm pretty sure it's just audio samples) decide to "turn on" and don't turn off. This is shown in the mixer.
2) This causes MASSIVE clipping to the master. You can see in the video that at one point the master is at +3 db when it's not supposed to be.
3) Whenever one of these sounds goes berzerk, it causes a "POP." This POP can be seen in the upper row where it shows the frequency spectrum.
4) During this glitch phase, pressing start/stop and some specific buttons also causes the same POP. This is reflected in the video when I put my mouse over the upper row where it shows the frequency spectrum.
5) When exporting to audio, these POPS and clips ARE INCLUDED in the audio.
6) I have found that the "DROP SNARE" sample always goes berzerk at EXACTLY the start of the second drop, causing the beginning to duck in volume because of clipping.
7) Whenever in berzerk mode, the only way to get out of this glitch is to play the sample. In the video, I fix these berzerk samples by playing the part in my track where they are played.

Please don't just look over this and turn a blind eye. It has made creation pretty frustrating. I'm really sorry I don't know how to replicate this bug, but at least I have the video.

Computer specs:
-0.9Y
-Macbook pro laptop 2016 13" Sierra 2Ghz processor 8gb ram

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Since writing this, I have explored further. Here is what I have found:

1) The only channels doing this were the ones with AudioAssault "Transient" on their FX.
2) When I turn off Transient, the clipping bug stops.
3) Even when nothing is routed to a mixer track with Transient on it, the mixer track still glitches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (macOS)”