FL Studio 12.9 macOS 64 Bit Beta 1 [build 98]

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... port_macOS

Return to “Technical Support (macOS)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
IadAslan
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:00 am

x

FL Studio 12.9 macOS 64 Bit Beta 1 [build 98]

Hi,

I've done some extensive testing with a clean install of the latest FL macOS Beta 1 [build 98]. Apart of a few minor Bugs (cursor not displaying the correct tool etc.) there are three main issues I faced while putting it to test in real world critical sessions:

1. Mouse/GUI Lag

The mouse and scroll wheel behaviour is definitely the biggest problem right now. When moving around plugin windows the window is always moving way slower than the cursor. While hovering over the browser window the mouse seems to slow down occasionally. Dragging and dropping things feels laggy and delayed. Scrolling feels way slower than usual, especially in the browser or when moving notes with Shift + Wheel in the piano roll. I think there's a general problem here. The windows version (been working with it since FL Studio 6) is way snappier and this is the one single problem that keeps me from switching to mac entirely.

2. Edison real time recording

When recording a channels into Edison (Shift + E) the audio gets choppy and glitchy after a few seconds into the recording. Just like it would sound when your Asio load would max out. This behaviour is not noticeably linked to a certain plugin.

3. CPU Performance/Fans

As soon as I open up FL Studio and start working my MacBook starts to fire up it's fans sounding like a Jet getting ready for take off. This happens while FL Studio's CPU Meter being at around 1-2 Percent with a few samples and no plugins opened. I both work in Ableton and Logic Pro X on the same machine regularly without any issues of this kind. You can find my tech specs below.

Conclusion

Apart from the very laggy behaviour this Beta is absolutely usable even suitable for critical work. It never has crashed, every plugin works, audio recording works as expected. I'm very happy about this. Thank you for making this happen!

My specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
macOS High Sierra 10.13.1
2,8 Ghz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
1TB Internal SSD
4TB External SSD (Samsung Pro Evo via USB)
RME Babyface Pro and/or RME MADIFace XT

Scott
Site Admin
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:25 am

x

Re: FL Studio 12.9 macOS 64 Bit Beta 1 [build 98]

IadAslan wrote:I think I just found the solutio...

Rototundren
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:59 pm

x

2. Edison real time recording When recording a...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rototundren
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:49 pm

x

> What are the particular devices you're usi...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scott
Site Admin
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:21 am

x

IadAslan wrote: 3. CPU Performance/Fans As soo...

Return to “Technical Support (macOS)”