Harmor goes Arts

The place to upload Harmor presets and discuss programming.

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nightflower
Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:30 pm

x

Harmor goes Arts

Hi all,

This is a project for an arts exhibition at a museum. The main theme is plastic surgery, the physical and psychological processes of it etc.

The basic idea was to use Harmor for image resynthesis and use some of the photos that are to be included in the exhibition to create sound from them.
However, at some point we've decided that a projection of Harmor's visual feedback panel could be shown along with the works, thus telling a "story".

In the end I've used one photograph (the most iconic one of the whole exhibition) to tell the story. For anyone interested in the concept, the exhibition and the museum, you can find all the important info in the youtube description.

I've only used one note (well, three C's to be exact) to "generate" the image, the rest is done by combining automation of Harmor's controls. I've spent a while testing/practicing and then "wrote" it into FL's playlist.
In this case, the idea was for the photo to reemerge from time to time in the visual, which made for a limitation that spawned creativity. Without this, of course a lot more could have been done sonically - but it wouldn't have fitted the concept.

I'm curious to know what you guys think, can the visual readout from Harmor itself be art ?

This is the final result:

Guuzendesu
Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:27 pm

x

Re: Harmor goes Arts

Very striking. Though it's a bit creepy in ways...

Scott
Site Admin
Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 pm

x

Did you know you can get a wider view by typing...

Sticksofury989
Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:22 pm

x

Scott wrote:Did you know you can get a wider vi...

NightWindDance
Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:39 pm

x

Could someone please let me know how to achieve...

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”