How EXACTLY does the FM work?

Return to “Wasp - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mr. Raubana
Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:57 pm

x

How EXACTLY does the FM work?

Right up front, just wanted to say that even though I do use WASP a lot in my music, it's difficult for me to admit here that I still don't fully understand it. So please, it'd be greatly appreciated if ya'll didn't give me crap in this regard... I'm always learning new stuff, and sometimes little things like this get put aside for a while. I'm finally just now coming around to ask about this, even though it's clearly past due.

Anyways, I've noticed this for a long time now: the FM in WASP is kind of different from what is considered a standard, digital FM. Most of the time, when I'm using the FM knob, I've had to adjust the frequency of my oscillators so they're way out of tune from one another, but become generally close once the FM is applied. Plus it only seems audible when the second oscillator is turned up, which just means that the first oscillator is the one applying the FM to the second oscillator, but I dunno... something about that seems weird to me.

I'm really at a loss, I'd like to better understand my tools but I can't exactly put my finger on what's happening with that FM in WASP.

akovacslaci
Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:29 am

x

Re: How EXACTLY does the FM work?

Hello Mr. Raubana! I'm not pro, just a curiou...

Plasma Force
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:56 pm

x

Re: How EXACTLY does the FM work?

For some more info on the inner workings of FM ...

Return to “Wasp - Presets & Programming”