External Control of Gross Beat Problems

Return to “Gross Beat - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Vic7r0n
Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:53 pm

x

External Control of Gross Beat Problems

I am playing with the demo of Gross Beat, trying to get the gross beat patterns to link to my akai APCmini. My fl setup is geared for live looping performance and gross beat will never actually be selected or in focus when I use it. I'm not sure if it's just me... but the link to controller in gross beat doesn't seem to operate the same way as other plugins. When I link different patterns in gross beat to the buttons on my APC, gross beat still doesn't respond. It seems like gross beat doesn't link individual pattern buttons and instead links all of them to one controller. I have a dashboard set up in my project as well that i use with the apc to control other software through midi loopback. I tried linking gross beat to a seperate dashboard, but it only lets me select one switch from the pull down menu and not the whole dashboard. As I said, it seems to link all the patterns to what you select for a link and it acts all screwy when I do. Seems to picks one pattern and get stuck on it, the text on the gross beat button turns yellow. I would like to control gross beat from a grid of buttons in the same order as the patterns in the plugin. Is there a way to arrange the fruity keyboard controller to work in a way that I can customize the arrangement of the controls on my apc? Fruity Keyboard controller doesn't seem to allow for much customization when trying to assign external midi controls.

Is there a limitation to linking because of the demo mode? I intend to buy gross beat, but only if I get it set up to control from a physical controller the way I want to. Any help is appreciated.

NTO
Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:55 pm

x

Re: External Control of Gross Beat Problems

"Is there a limitation to linking because of th...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vic7r0n
Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:50 pm

x

Thanks for the reply! I can get the fruity keyb...

NTO
Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:02 am

x

That's what I was saying in the edit above. Yo...

Vic7r0n
Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:08 am

x

Took some work, but I got my midi device to con...

Return to “Gross Beat - Presets & Programming”