Can someone replicate this "midi piano game" in Zgame?

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer Script Reference”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Matthieu
Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:07 am

x

Can someone replicate this "midi piano game" in Zgame?

https://github.com/musicope/game

The software loads midi files and rolls them in a guitar-hero-like flat 2d game. :o
I'd love to see this in 3d and right inside FL Studio for comfortability purpose :3 <3

(This could be a to-do thread but it's more relevant here)

StevenM
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:16 am

x

Re: Can someone replicate this "midi piano game" in Zgame?

Matthieu wrote:https://github.com/musicope/game

The software loads midi files and rolls them in a guitar-hero-like flat 2d game. :o
I'd love to see this in 3d and right inside FL Studio for comfortability purpose :3 <3

(This could be a to-do thread but it's more relevant here)

I worked on this a few years back. I don't know if I'll ever do this sort of thing again, but I do want to let people know that the visualizer can be use to create rhythm games.

This is a ZGE demo piano version of guitar hero. I did this over a weekend. it's amazing how much goes into game programming - even a simple thing like this.

These interactive rhythm effects can be more than just a game too. They could be visual helpers for live performance or rehearsal. Also useful to learn how to play instruments and still keep it fun as playing a game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthieu
Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:29 pm

x

Re: Can someone replicate this "midi piano game" in Zgame?

Wow! That's amazing! I'm not really coding-clever but with sufficient instructions i guess i could try to add new functions! How does it work? How would you instruct someone to take the relay?

ACtually it seems very complete already, can it cover a full 48keys layout? It's so much exactly what i am looking for, quite frankly :o i believe you should finalize it and publish it :o

Some kind of a virtual piano teacher that you feed with your own partitions, basically :3 Right in FlStudio with instruments we create to our personal liking :3

Tho as it's a ZGE, all sorts of ins and outs could be put so visual effects are added based on what happens inside FlStudio while you play, like, a visualiser for the instrument you play (fruity layer, midi out, patcher, for example)... Getting the notes to display the waveform of the played channel would be cool too :P

So much that can be done with this one-weekend project!

See, it's been years and years that i make music but i never learned the bases. That's why i need such a tool :3 haha

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer Script Reference”