Will there be a BassDrum Update?

Return to “BassDrum - Presets and Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Devest8
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:01 am

x

Will there be a BassDrum Update?

I was wandering if the team would be working on this plugin, or a newer version at some point. I would really like for this to be tuned, and playable in the piano roll, in order to achieve tuned 808's or hardstyle type lines. Currently you have to set the "base" frequency to 65hz and the slave at 12 o' clock. Sampling ratio to 1.00. Change click and whatever else to taste and then in the step sequencer put a hit on the first beat. Export the pattern then Load the sample you just made into the sequencer and then right click and hit reset on the "time stretch (time)" knob in the channel settings for that sample. Only then do you have a tuned kick made in bassdrum which you could change the pitch in piano roll. Also I think it could have a mono or polyphonic mode as I sometimes like the sound I get when there are two octaves for the kick in piano roll.

Also the piano roll does currently not affect the kick duration, I feel that these really should be linked (ie: long note = long kick) as it makes a beat more groovy. Also I would like to see a knob for the note velocity to affect the drive, so a harder kick can be a bit warmer and high pressure.

And lastly I really think this plugin would benefit by having a built in efffects, a simplified compressor, eq and distortion unit would help this plugin generate production ready kicks.

Return to “BassDrum - Presets and Programming”