DD2 Issues (good for DD 2.1?)

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “DeckaTalk”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
SURYA
Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:43 am

x

DD2 Issues (good for DD 2.1?)

Hi Guys, really love the idea of Deckadance 2.0 and have been waiting soo long for this cool update but a few things are really killing my experience:

Midi mapping: Midi mapping has always been hard in DD but in version 1 it was such a simple tool that it didn’t matter so much, and also because my main mixing tool (Hercules RMX ) was fully supported. In V2 the RMX is supported but getting all the new FX functionality mapped to a controller is proving very difficult. That there are bugs does not help either, for example:
- I can configure my icon Icontrol to turn on and off fx for FX channels 1-3 on deck a and B but when mapping the amount fader (ie to wet and dry the flanger or filter enevelop), the mapping to an encoder is irratic in its movement and setting it to encoder or reversing it has no effect (but it moves so I know its mapped to the right controller).
- Sometimes mapping one control seems to pick up on others ie the play stop being mapped to a control fader. FL has none of these issues so I’m fairly certain its a DD issue. DD1 also does not have these problems – it simply doesn’t have the functionality (I’m still using it btw).
- Peakscope mixing doesn’t allow closeup/fine grain view like in DD1 (already reported in another forum)
- Would be nice if there were a detection ability for secondary and tertiary controllers eg my two control f1’s for deck ¾ or gross beat.

Midi learn is biggest issue, right click midi link or multi link like in fl badly needed for at least mapping the interface to the controllers. Behavioural configurations behind that would be even more awesome (to tell fl whether you have a jog dial, endless fader or button etc). We need some way to tap into that functionality through all of the cool controllers we all own (or else we need Behringer’s devices to be released asap so we can buy preconfigured support which would be even better).

Thanks guys – I know your working hard on this stuff. I got two Kontrol F1’s and I still wanna use DD if I can.

S

SURYA
Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:48 am

x

Re: DD2 Issues (good for DD 2.1?)

Ah, I forgot one more thing. Midi mapping of V...

waater
Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:25 am

x

Re: DD2 Issues (good for DD 2.1?)

Return to “DeckaTalk”