Deckadance 2 Feedback

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “DeckaTalk”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
nistrum
Thu May 02, 2013 12:22 pm

x

Deckadance 2 Feedback

I'm a fresh convert from another popular program. I was having CPU usage problems with it and thought the black and white interface was crass and ugly. Deckadance 2 is really slick on the CPU, looks nice, has more useful features and the sound quality is superb.

So, well done. IMHO your program is better than the leading competitor. There are also some niggles I've got which I'm sure you'll be happy to hear :)

Downbeat: Currently starts at 1 but the bar before that is zero. By the same logic that made you start the bar count at one instead of zero; zero should be skipped, so -16 is 16 bars before the first downbeat, not -15.

Downbeat: The auto analysis is right 1/10. I'm not sure what algorithm is detecting the first downbeat but it would be more accurate just taking the first sound in the file most of the time.

Snapping: When the BPM detection algorithm has failed it needs to be easier to manually correct it. Currently tap tempo is fiddly and doesn't seem to produce sane results despite my best efforts to tap on time.

On the program I was using before it made use of a hybrid of user input and its own analysis, you drop a couple of markers on downbeats and it works out the rest. Since you didn't need to listen to the audio file to do this, it made it more suitable for quickly correcting analysis problems in live situations.

I'd appreciate a little dead-zone on the two way filter. I know you can double-click to reset but I'd like to be able to turn it to zero manually too, especially since my controller can't do the double click.

My controller is disabled if you start the program with it switched off and then switch it on. You have to manually turn on the MIDI ports in the settings every time before it will work.

Offline analysis of tunes: doesn't work, I think you're aware of this.

Labelwhore
Thu May 02, 2013 2:35 pm

x

Re: Deckadance 2 Feedback

nistrum wrote:Snapping: When the BPM detection ...

christian_d
Fri May 03, 2013 10:44 pm

x

I had the occasion to test v2 a bit today. The ...

Luguber
Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:08 am

x

To follow up from the last comment here, if you...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nucleon
Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:15 am

x

nistrum wrote:The auto analysis is right 1/10. ...

christian_d
Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:03 pm

x

In response to Luguber, I do use my ears too be...

Return to “DeckaTalk”