New user request,Dj since1986 and love my DJ tech

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “DeckaTalk”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
subjacent
Mon May 20, 2013 1:22 pm

x

New user request,Dj since1986 and love my DJ tech

After much playing around with deckadance for some weeks now, i would like to put across all my finds and my most sort after wants to improve deckadance, i hope you will consider these as they are things i don't think any DJ program should be without, and i have used all the other DJ programs too, deckadance has more creative potential, but is missing some really silly things that are needed to complete a masterpiece, although it would be nice to see something as serato has for beat mashing via the slicer, at the moment i am only asking for much need improvements as suppose to new features.

Main gripe is in the midi control area:
1) First and foremost i would like to see 8 additional freely assignable modifiers for midi, so i can set these up as well as my controllers (DDJSX) shift, at present their are so many controls in Deckadance which i don't mind, but we need to be able to double up our controller controls using midi modifiers to be able to utilize deckadance functions, otherwise what is the point in all this if you can use it in a performance capacity without using your mouse or mouse pad .

2) Expand browser list a lot more at the moment its so none existent 2a) also controllable via a midi command/button.

3) Better jog support for controllers,its just way too awkward to to home in/ cue, it takes too many passes to line up things, as it does tend to stick or over shoot the mark.

4)Increment and decrement midi options for buttons should go without saying, without these its quite a waste, and on times impractical not to have these options 4a) the function panel should have midi control including the Inc & Dec option, so i can switch via midi, or also via shortcuts. On another note for some reason we can only midi assign an encoder to change effects types, the button just temp switches to only one other effects type and on release it reverts back, it could have its uses if you wanted it that way, but as standard (Its silly), a real lack here and again why Inc & Dec options are needed.

5) midi controllable option via a button assignment that will load the currently recorded sample into the next available empty pad, but then once full, it will proceed to start again from pad 1, so you can just keep rec and loading samples as you go. 5a)and also midi control to load/browse & Save sample banks.

Other wants:

6) The Initial cue marker, not to be used as first hotcue (option), again its a waste of a hot cue 1 for creative purpose .

7) Effects and VST remember your loaded effects ,VST and setting/state, so i can set up deckadance and know i have it all as i want via my template, and not have to start with a blank , again so impractical.

8. the Deck Volume LED type display, needs to have more indication, not just the blue it is now, but also the usual orange or yellow and lastly more red, again its a waste and a good DJ will count on this readout at all times,and even more so in this age of 4 decks and sampling etc, this is fundamentally one of the most important visuals a DJ can have, I like to chop and cut my mix and play around teasing throughout,and it is vital to get the levels right,, maybe even also a few faint white line/marks between the fader and the led display in deckadances Gui.I would prefer the second color starting just before 3/4 mark, and at least 3 of the dashes, depending on deckadances GUI in the first place and what is needed to get this readout tool/visuals utilized.

9) another important area is the EQ,it would be best to have a setup pop up to set your own EQ plot preference,I would prefer complete kill on the EQ pots, But is has to be warm and smooth, no harshness like many of the other DJ programs seem to have, The best thing about traktor DJ i think is the EQ Type options, i prefer the Nuo type in traktor (Eccler Nuo DJ analog mixer) as its also good in the mid range for boosting / lingering vocals and melody when all else is being faded/mixed out, 8a) Adjustable Q/res or more filter type option on the main filters, it does not appease my ears at present, i actually prefer a cleaner warmer filter with out the Q/res being so much, again really something subject to the user, so customizable filter is always the best way to go to save such debate lol.

As i mention i like to play around with my mix, so all has be smooth and precisely balanced to pull of the varying techniques, it just baffles me in many cases why the most important areas of any mixing setup seem to often get ignored, how can you be a master if your tools are not precision, I only say all this as i have been a DJ since the beginning of the house scene etc, and test out all options to help my skill and creativity, ableton is great and user customizable,but just not natural to use for DJing and lacks the 4 deck looping, This is why i am leaning towards deckadance over other DJ programs, it has a bit of most things, for more creativity on the whole and with the given tweaks i mention above will be great.

Their may be other little things i have missed, but these are the things that i find lacking and much needed.
Last edited by subjacent on Tue May 21, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “DeckaTalk”