MIDI KEBOARD Controllers to control DeckaDance

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “DeckaTalk”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dr. G
Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 pm

x

MIDI KEBOARD Controllers to control DeckaDance

I did something nontraditional, but that works perfectly for me, and I wanted to share it in case anyone else wanted to try it. I recently bought an Arturia KeyLab 25 MIDI Keyboard. I chose this keyboard because of all the 25 key controllers I could find, this had the most controls. 11 knobs and 9 sliders (arranged in two banks, effectively giving 22 knobs and 18 sliders), 18 buttons, a Modwheel and a Pitch-Bend wheel, all freely assignable.

After a couple weeks of using it in FL Studio, it occurred to me that I should try to control DeckaDance with it. I opened a new project in FL, and opened DD VST in Patcher. I assigned DD's four track outputs to four different mixer channels in FL, routed all those channels to one channel for DD, and activated all the DD inputs I wanted to control. I mapped keys on my keyboard to control play/pause, sync, play synced, and rewind functions. I made the first four sliders control the volume of the four DD Tracks, the 5th-8th sliders control the four DD track filters, and the Pitch-Bend wheel control the crossfader. Four of the buttons control Jog functions of the different DD tracks.

I have an instance of Maximus on the FL Master mixer channel, which I use as an awesome equalizer that limits itself so I don't get awkward peaks. I have the first 3 buttons mapped to the Low, Mid, and High band Post Gain, respectively. The fourth currently does nothing, but the 5th controls the Master Pre-Gain. Knobs 6, 7, and 8 control Low, Mid, and High Pre-Gain, and knobs 9 and 10 control the Low and High band frequency cutoff. Knob 11 is placed separately and labeled, "Volume". I have it mapped to the Master Post Gain. The 9th slider is mapped to a pan control just after Maximus in the effect chain.

I've controlled every parameter I need right now, and I still have 9 buttons, several keys, the Modulation Wheel, and the entire second bank of knobs and sliders entirely free! I had been considering purchasing a DJ controller like Traktor, but now I don't feel the need to!

I just wanted to share my idea in case anyone else would like to check it out! Have fun guys! :)

-Dr. G
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “DeckaTalk”