DD Mini - da Bomb, thanks :)

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “DeckaTalk”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
iwaiwa
Sat May 10, 2014 6:56 pm

x

DD Mini - da Bomb, thanks :)

wow, DD Mini is super cool as a VST (Simple, Single) Deck for DAWs. Thanks guys for doing that !

One of the things I do in Ableton is play "looping textures" (non-beat sounds), like sounds from a MidEast Marketplace, waterfalls, wind.

To loop (an audio file) in Ableton Clip, the clip has to be Warped (Repitch, Beats, Complex, etc.) and those timestretch algos all have noticeable artifacts compared to the Original source material, especially when changing the Ableton Global Tempo on-the-fly, like from 80bpm to 135 bpm.

Next time you guys do a new DD update, maybe we can add an Instant Full Loop Infinite Play / Repeat button (or have a MIDI action to Enabled / Disable).

edison-repeat.PNG
Loop.PNG

For regular DD, I wonder if "SHIFT Click-on-LOOP button" can Loop and Repeat the whole track.

I'm trying to figure out how to AutoLoop sound files dropped into a DD Deck.

Or, I wonder if this can be figured out with a MIDI Script ?

- this allow users to drop an audio file into the Deck and have Infinite (Loop) Repeat.

- if users have one or two DD Mini's (as a VST in a DAW) they could play endless textures (at native BPM speed) even as the DAW Host BPM changes during a live performance.

Thanks for the Excellent work.

DD can be used for live performance and music creation, versus playing "songs".

I know the Sampler is there in DD for "infinite loop" but there isn't any Playhead control to move through the Audio File (in a Sample Slot), whereas if DD Mini had "Full Auto Loop / Repeat", the user could move the Playhead anywhere they want (with a mouse click) to get variations on the playback. (This is something that CoolEdit did).

Actually, yes, Edison has the Loop / Repeat choice, but the overhead of Edison is much. much more than DD Mini.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Think of the (music) possibilities (allowing non-beat sounds to play infinitely at their natural tempo, even as the DAW Host BPM is changed). Just drag and drop a small audio file (such as textures) into a DD Mini Deck and it instantly Plays and Repeats (instant full audio source content looping).

One other thought, (as Traktor has): Preference choice of Deck AutoLoop: Automatic (Deck) Loop all Tracks with Length less than X seconds (Time Range 0-120 secs).

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “DeckaTalk”