DD automatically sorts library by date added. Disable?

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “DeckaTalk”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dr. G
Sat May 24, 2014 10:00 pm

x

DD automatically sorts library by date added. Disable?

So I've noticed that if I click the Genre column header in the DeckaDance Playlist, it will sort my music alphabetically by Genre. This is good. But within any genre, it will sort songs by Date Added. Not good.

Just using Genre as an example by the way. It works the same way if you sort by Artist, Song Name, etc.

I used to use Virtual DJ Home Free before DD (never looked back, I much prefer DD), and in that software, instead of Date Added, it would sort songs within a single Genre by whatever the last column you organized the playlist by was. If I organized by Artist, for example, and then clicked Genre, all songs labeled Electro House would be sorted alphabetically by the artist name.

Is there a way to change the secondary sorting column in DD? It's quite obnoxious. I added most of my music library at once, and it added the songs alphabetically by artist, as that was how my music folder was organized. So if I organize by Genre, it nicely organizes by Genre, and alphabetizes by Artist name within a genre. Easy to find what I want, unless I'm looking for one of the songs I've added since the initial bulk library inclusion, which appear awkwardly at the end of a genre in the order I added them.

This is especially important now, as I have just discovered that several of my very favorite songs to play are showing up with the orange question mark that shows the song cannot be found. As frustrating as it is to have to delete the songs, add them to my library again, and manually set in the tags and grid again, I am dreading the fact that they'll be sorted awkwardly at the end of my music, where I will never be able to find them quickly. They are the songs that I always go to when I realize that I have twenty seconds left in the current song and I need to cue up a new song ASAP, so this presents a real issue.

Does anyone know if I can change the Date Added setting? Or even delete the Date Added tags? And does anyone have any tips to show DD where to find the song file is without deleting it and starting anew?

Thanks everyone,

-Dr. G

Return to “DeckaTalk”