To Do: Auto Grid fixes

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “DeckaTalk”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dr. G
Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:58 pm

x

To Do: Auto Grid fixes

I've come across a couple of problems with the Auto Grid feature in DD. I've tried a couple times to describe them, but hopelessly failed, so I'm going to use an example to point them out.

Porter Robinson - Unison (Knife Party Remix) starts at 128 BPM, then after the intro moves to 120 BPM, then changes again to the drop at 110 BPM. I chose the official tempo of the song to be 128 BPM, so I could use the grid to sync the end of a house song with the intro of Unison.

DD set the beats for the entire song at 110 BPM however. Understandably, seeing as how most of the song is at 110. But isn't Auto Grid supposed to recognize the differences and place beats for the beginning wherever the bass drum hits (more or less)?

Also, syncing with Auto Grid is strange. If I sync the 110 BPM drop of the song with something else that is truly at 128, DD doesn't change the tempo of Unison to match the other song. I see why this happens, since I've set the song at 128. But if DD could sync the BEATS of the Auto Grid instead of the overall TEMPO, then that would take care of that problem.

One more thing I thought is that the Auto Grid should be a little customizable. In case Auto Grid just puts the beats hopelessly incorrectly, I can change it and still have it correct a little for slightly irregular beats and tempo changes?

Maybe you could add options for moving individual beats or manually setting tempo changes. Maybe the grid could have a Sytrus-style or Automation Clip-style envelope corresponding to the tempo of the grid. When DeckaDance analyzes a track, it could create an envelope that makes the grid match the changing tempo of a song. If you don't like how it automatically sets that, you can go in and edit it yourself to make the grid correctly match the song. Then when DeckaDance syncs that song to another, it will know, "Oh, this song isn't at 128 anymore. I'll do the tempo correction as if this song were at 110 now."

I hope I made sense. Just some thoughts I've had. Thanks for hearing them!

-Dr. G

SpEaNiX
Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:54 pm

x

Re: To Do: Auto Grid fixes

Hello, For whatever reason, i have never had ...

Return to “DeckaTalk”