Icecast support

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “DeckaTalk”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
SeriousWorm
Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:34 pm

x

Icecast support

Hi!

I was wondering whether Deckadance will have Icecast streaming support in the near future.

I have been trying to somehow stream a live mix but had only limited success so far; this is what kind-of-works right now:

OS: Windows Vista Business 64-bit (all updates but w/o SP1.. long story)
Deckadance: use DirectSound as output -> cannot use more than 1 pair of channels -> unable to monitor my mix, and have to use a high latency (>20-25ms), and not very stable overall
Winamp + edCast (winamp only there to host edCast since edCast standalone for some reason cannot encode to AAC-HE): encode to AAC-HE, 40kbps, (my parameters aren't really important), using Stereo Mix as input (NOT winamp - as i'm trying to use Deckadance to do a live mix)
Icecast: nothing really special, mostly default config values

The specified setup does indeed work, but it's very unstable and has several issues (as I said, I have to use DirectSound in DD, with all of its quirks and the inability to use monitors), and occasionally it seems like DD loses its "ownership" over DirectSound and stops generating any audio, and as a result DD starts playing the playing deck(s) very rapidly, like 20x realtime, luckily it doesn't crash though.
Icecast itself is of course stable.
From my limited testing, this seems like a very quirky and undesirable setup, especially if you want to do a live streaming mix, so I was wondering whether DD would support somehow streaming to Icecast - it seems that Traktor DJ supports this already, from the 3rd party page on the Icecast web site.

So, I would very much like to use ASIO as my output so I can have both quirkless playback, multichannel output, and lower latencies, and not have to use Winamp to pipe through Stereo Mix from my soundcard's "audio inputs" to Icecast, but use DD directly to stream audio to Icecast.

Thanks a lot.

SeriousWorm
Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:19 pm

x

Hm, after rigorous testing and experiments it s...

wizanda
Thu May 19, 2011 6:21 pm

x

Re: Icecast support

Just learning how we can broadcast and having I...

6S
Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:46 am

x

I would welcome the ability to stream with Deck...

subjacent
Mon May 20, 2013 2:34 pm

x

+1 for broadcasting/streaming via the likes of ...

Return to “DeckaTalk”