I'd like to see a different approach to DD.

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “DeckaTalk”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
mike912
Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:52 pm

x

I'd like to see a different approach to DD.

while I was working with Live and DD I had an idea about a different approach to these 2 programs.

when using DD in live there are a lot of possibilities of what you can do regarding separate outputs with custom FX, but also a lot of hassle and clutter in the way everything needs to be routed and organized.

could you make a single deck version of DD?

I imagine this as a single DD deck A instance with no FX, no EQ, no sampler, NO ANYTHING except for the DD deck itself with its own playlist, 8 cuepoints, midi mapping and timecode input.

I like the idea of a single deck turntable as an instrument plugin, I don't generally need a whole DJ program/environment all the time.

if DD could be de-compiled down to a single deck with 8 cuepoints and a playlist/song browser and mp3/aac import it would be the perfect tool for Live (or any other DAW).

this way would be so nice and easy to keep organized.

you could have one deck per channel with audio out and custom FX directly on that channel as well as midi clip input directly on that same channel and everything would be self contained on a per channel basis.

this would be a very user friendly approach to bringing a turntable into your production or performance environment.

this could be done now by using multiple instances of DD and then only playing on deck A from each instance but I think this would become rather cpu abusive in the long run.

could you do this? strip DD down to a single raw deck for plugin use only?

if this were available I think it would be the most powerful and easy to use approach to creating your own custom DJ'ing/mixing environment.

also the option to be able to midi map directly in DD as it is now or to be able to map within Live under their mapping system would be good for certain circumstances.

If it had an amputate type mode where you could switch timecode control on or off per deck while still playing it would be good.

thanks.

mike

L.S.D
Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:36 am

x

...I think that you'll be able to do this in th...

mike912
Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:48 pm

x

you guys rock, thank you.

mike912
Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:27 am

x

Re: I'd like to see a different approach to DD.

any word on a single deck that is ableton mappa...

L.S.D
Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:52 pm

x

Re: I'd like to see a different approach to DD.

Yes, a single deck is a work in progress. I thi...

Return to “DeckaTalk”