What it is, and how it is done...

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “DeckaTalk”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BenjaminG
Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:22 pm

x

What it is, and how it is done...

On-screen meters for master and monitor/headphone outputs.

Auto pfl with crossfader button. Opposite side of CF become PFL gradually, like a monitor/headphone/pfl crossfader in reverse.

Speaking of monitor/headphone/pfl crossfaders... might as well include one for panning between ch1 and ch2. Some people need that in MIDI. I don't, but far be it for me to deny them that feature request.

Monitor cue pan curve fader, regardless of whether you're using monitor/prgm or ch1/ch2. Go from linear to very dipped (even more than constant power… see Versadeck and Synq dmc2000 for why) and everywhere in between. Doesn't need a scratch curve option obviously. There appears to be room for this in the vinyl control panel.

PFL exclusivity option in Settings. Turns other pfl off automatically when you select the other side.

Auto PFL with track loading in Settings.

Auto master to monitor option in Settings. Sends master to monitor/headphones automatically as long as no pfl is selected.

VST assignment to specific outputs (not just deck assignment), such as master and monitor/headphone.

Ability to open, alter, and save pre-programmed (that come with Deckadance) mapping files for controllers. We also need MIDI Output custom mapping support for LEDs and meters.

Multiple controllers at once.

Better American Audio Versadeck, Synq dmc 2000, Platine Djinn Audiophony, Citronix M-PX10 ASIO (same thing) support. Versadeck currently glitches up a lot at any setting, which is clearly not the drivers since it has no problem with Torq, Traktor, VDJ, Mixxx (not the beta), and Cross. I’ve tested all of them. Not a DPC problem, either.

BTW, your Emu 0204 ASIO performance is FANTASTIC. I'm finally getting good results at 10ms. Most software has trouble even at 20ms with its drivers. Whatever you do to improve the Versadeck performance, don't mess this up ;-) I hope it’s not one or the other.

At least three deck support, or at least have the ability to "offload" a playing deck either onto the other deck (so they continue being blended/overlapped while you mix in a third track) or allow the samplers to completely, immediately, and seamlessly accept such a track (or at least its remainder) while playing without the need to sample just a snippet. Having a bunch of ordinary samplers is not the same thing as three deck support. You either need to add more decks, or make the samplers Super Blend Banks or something.

Ability to turn off all BPM-related visual cues, while still keeping the background BPM analyzing and markers present (but hidden) for smart loops and sampling. Sort of a Hide All BPM Info button on the screen somewhere that you can flick off if you need to adjust something for a loop. That would include hiding the beatkeeper horizontal LED things, the actual BPM number, the markers, the "ahead"/"behind", etc.

Individual pitch ranges per deck.

Show the current pitch range for each deck next to the pitch. Love the three decimals, btw.

And just so you know the facts on the ground, with Elastique not disabled, Deckadance has better audio measurements than Torq 2 when it also has Elastique not disabled. With Elastique disabled on both, they both beat Traktor, Mixxx, and VDJ hands down, but Torq has slightly better measurements. Torq has its phase 180 degrees out of absolute (but not for long since I've informed them of the glitch), but Deckadance has more ringing on the waveforms. Good job on the sound, otherwise.

Return to “DeckaTalk”